After launching the Xiaomi Redmi 5A smartphone in China, the handset manufacturer has released it for Indian customers. The phone packs decent hardware and features and nothing to mention as a highlight.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Features
The Redmi 5A smartphone features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that carries the support for 720 x 1280 pixels screen resolution at 269 of ppi pixel density. It runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, which means the smartphone supports multi-window, direct reply from notifications, and new emojis.
It is powered by the Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 quad core processor. For graphics, there is an Adreno 308 graphics processor. On the storage front, the smartphone is equipped with 2GB or 3GB of RAM along with 16GB or 32GB of internal storage. The phone also supports MicroSD card up to 256GB.
As far as the camera is concerned, the smartphone sports a 13 megapixel rear camera with an f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash. While on the front of the device, there is a 5 megapixel front facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture for capturing selfies and making video calls.
To power the device, there is a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery buried inside. The Redmi 5A smartphone is available in various color options, including Gold, Dark Gray, Rose Gold, and Blue.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specs
- 0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 720 x 1280 pixels screen resolution
- 269 of ppi pixel density
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS
- Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 quad core processor
- Adreno 308 graphics processor
- 2GB or 3GB of RAM
- 16GB or 32GB of internal storage
- Expandable storage: up to 256GB through a MicroSD card
- 13 megapixel rear camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Color options: Gold, Dark Gray, Rose Gold, and Blue