Creative Technology Ltd today launched the Sound Blaster E5 – Flagship of the “Sound Blaster E-Series”, and a new audio solution for USB DAC and headphone amplifier. Boasting audiophile-grade specifications and components, the Sound Blaster E5 is designed to deliver bit-perfect audio, allowing mobile users to experience audio as the artists intended.
The new flagship product is an extension of Sound Blaster’s E-Series line of compact portable USB audio solutions. Launched in May 2014, the Sound Blaster E-Series includes the Sound Blaster E1 and Sound Blaster E3.
Retailing at an amazing price of USD199.99, the Sound Blaster E5 will be showcased and available for pre-order at COMEX 2014 from 28 – 31 August 2014 at the Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Hall 601, Booth 6141 and 6801.
“We have always believed that everyone and anyone should have access to great audio quality and be able to share it, while supporting audio source from various devices – including iOS and Android devices, PC, and Mac. While the video experience of many users today have greatly advanced from HD to 4K resolution, the audio experience on the other hand is still sub-optimum – if 4K TV is four times clearer than Full HD, CD-quality audio, which many listen to today, is at least six times poorer than what 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio can offer. This is why we have introduced a top-notch audio solution featuring only the best audio components to provide the “4K TV” experience of audio,” says Low Long Chye, General Manager for Sound Blaster Audio at Creative. “Listen to your favorite tracks with a good pair of headphones through the Sound Blaster E5 and you will be able to pick out finer details and greater depth of music – as if you were listening to the artist or orchestra performing live.” he added.
Audiophile-Grade Components and Specifications
Designed to deliver pristine audio quality, the Sound Blaster E5 is packed with premium-grade components and supported with top-notch specifications:
- Cirrus Logic (CS4398) 120dB DAC supports high resolution audio playback of up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac, including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
- Cirrus Logic (CS5361) 114dB ADC delivers high quality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600Ω headphone amplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full and detailed clarity
- USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows streaming of high quality, lossless digital audio from Android and iOS (up to 24-bit) devices while on the go
- Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reduces jitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from the computer
- Features a convenient switch that allows users to select a high gain output required for high-impedance headphones
- Gold-plated audio connectors create precise contact for low signal loss
The Sound Blaster E5 boasts a full range of connectivity options for smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
- Digital High-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to PC/Mac as a powerful external Sound Blaster
- Digital USB Host connectivity to select iOS/Android models for direct high quality, lossless audio streaming
- Built-in rechargeable 3200mAh lithium polymer battery provides users up to 8 hours^ of playtime while on the go
- Features wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy connectivity and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for one-touch Bluetooth pairing and control
- Supports HD audio codecs such as aptX Low Latency and AAC for a wireless connection as good as a wired connection
- Connects to entertainment devices such as televisions and game consoles via the optical input jack
- Features a line-in option for analog connectivity to other various audio sources
- Dual headphone jacks allow for simultaneous audio listening
Other Great Features
- For additional real-time audio enhancement for music, movies and games, the built-in multi-core SB-Axx1 multi-core audio DSP allows users to activate Sound Blaster’s intelligent processing capabilities via the SBX Pro Studio suite of technologies – all at a touch of a button. It can also be switched off when listening to lossless audio
- Built-in beamforming CrystalVoice microphones for audio recording and calls
- Supports dual orientation mic recording – automatically detects and reacts to landscape or portrait orientation of the device, allowing for better audio recording
- Total audio control over Sound Blaster E5 on any platform – PC, Mac, iOS or Android. The Sound Blaster E-Series Control Panel for PC/Mac users, while the Sound Blaster Central mobile application for iOS and Android devices gives users full access to customise their audio settings, like a remote control right in the palm of their hand.
- ASIO support allows for reduced latency for a higher resolution audio experience
- Comes with a detachable holder to prop the Sound Blaster E5 up for Skype calls or mounted onto a mic stand for recording